What Do We Inspect
- Heating & Cooling system.
- Plumbing system.
- Electrical system.
- Roof system.
- Attic & Insulation.
- Foundation & Crawl Space.
- Ground & Garage.
- Exteriors, Driveway.
- Kitchen & built-in Appliances.
- Floors, Walls & Ceilings.
- Doors & Windows.
The Home Inspection is
- An in-field evaluation and professional opinion of the performance of the readily accessible installed systems in a home at one point in time.
- Primarily a visual examination
- Intended to identify components that are significantly deficient, unsafe or near the end of their life
The Home Inspection is not
- An insurance policy, guarantee or warranty on the home
- An invasive or destructive exercise
- Intended to identify concealed defects
- A code or design review
- An environmental review or energy audit
The Scope of Home Inspection
The scope of a home inspection is well defined by the American Society of Home Inspectors’ Standards of Practice. Home inspection is a professional consulting service offered by trained professionals who evaluate one- to four-family dwellings. It focuses on the performance of the home, rather than cosmetic, code or design issues.